Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rachel's Sweet Sixteen Party (30-31 Jan 09)

Well, it started off with Kevin coming over to my house at 11.30 in the morning. Rach came to pick us up at around 1.45 and we left to Stella Maris to drop of the million and one things (mainly food) we brought over. After that, we had lunch in some Indian Cuisine restaurant and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

We went back to just chill for a while while waiting for the guest to arrive. So we were on the bed, messing with my laptop while Kevin nicely snoozed away in the other bed. We decided to blow up some balloons for the party and just by experiment, I held it against the back door and it actually stuck on without anything.

The magical balloons!

Sleeping Kevin, hald dead with body aching like an old granpa!

Anyways, Rach was busy taking pictures of the house while I was busy taking pictures of her taking pictures of the house!


Birthday Girl in action taking the magical balloons!

Posing nicely for the camera!

Soon, the guest pretty much arrived. Sonia and her bro, Sachin and Boris came. (Please forgive me if I forgot anyone). They went out to breathe the fresh sea breeze while two models (Rachel and Kevin) posing on the wall. It was a nice picture, I gotta admit.

The two statues
We went down to the beach and had some fun standing on the rocks and writing in sand. Ok, against my blogging nature, the pictures that are placed are better left unexplained as a picture is worth a thousand words. (with the help of a few captions)


Kevin writing on the sand about who I 'love'

But I erased it in the nick ot time!

Rachel and Sonia (The two banditos)

The three amigos

Another shot of the birthday model, erm, I mean girl.

A rare shot of Boris and Sachin

An even rarer shot of the photographer

And ANOTHER picture of the birthday girl!

Well, after that, we all fought for the bathroom cause we all were very wet. (D-U-H) We had fun on the beach and collected some very unique looking seashells. Then it was DINNER TIME! All the food were superb. Of course, with a birthday, there always will be a birthday cake. This was ummm, Tiramisu and it was HEAVENLY!

The yummy cake

Rachel and her dad (on duty for lighting the candles)

Cut the birthday cake, ATTACK!

We had fireworks after that and it was soon time for everyone to leave. Awww, then the five of us (Rach, her mom, her dad, Kevin and me) stayed there and while Kevin the grandfather slept, Rach and me played Rock Legends. (actually, it was me playing and her getting addicted.) It was pretty cool as she reached level 12 in about one hour or so. Not bad eh? Well, finally, we decided to turn in fot the night!

The next morning, Rach's dad woke us up and they left for the beach again while I stood on the sidelines as I didn't have anymore spare clothes. So, we collected more seashells and soon after that, we left for home as I had a gathering to prepare for. Overall, the two days spent with my dear and close friend was a success and we are planning on doing it again! WOO HOO!

Lots of love,
Adele Emily


No comments: