Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day

Can someone please tell me what the fuss is about for this? Yeah, it is a day to share your love with that special someone but don't you do that everyday? If you don't, that sounds a bit wrong. Don't get me wrong, I know I sound jealous because I don't have that special someone to share it with but hear me out. Gifts on Valentine's day, you don't really have to wait till that day to give a gift to someone you love. Valentine's day, it feels like it is compulsory to give. I mean, why don't the guy send a rose to his girl just because it is a Monday. That will trully mean more then expecting a bunch of roses for just one day. And girls, I've known some that will cry just cause their partner didn't buy the exact pair of earrings that she wanted. I mean, it is the thought that count.

Valentine's day is about love, maybe just a small reminder that you have someone to celebrate it with. Sure it is nice to be treated, but, you don't have to wait till that day arrives. As long as you have each other, why wait? I know a few people that were looking forward to spending valentine's day with their partner, with all the plans and all but in the end break up before that happens. Then how? You will be left heartbroken and sorry that you didn't get to carry out your plans earlier. (or maybe anger and relieve cause you don't have to spend money)

Okay, I know I sounded a bit harsh before and this is just a rant. Maybe cause just now, they were talking about valentine's day and what, who and how are you going to spend it touched a sore nerve. It would be nice to have someone other than your family to spend that time with. To make you feel special. But life is just. That day will eventually come to all.

Plus, when I was over at Stella Maris for Rachel's birthday (will talk about that soon), a phrase just floated into my head and I wrote it down in the sand.

I was thinking about how I wrote a letter for this guy and I actually sent it to him. And the worst part was I told him I loved him. But he replied "I already love you..." If that happens, it was worth the wait. Of not spending valentine's day this year or the next. As long as I am with the guy I love for the rest of my life. I rather have one very special person in my life than move on from one partner to the next. Cause everytime you are with a new person, you give part of your heart to him. And most of the time, they will misuse it or break your heart. And you will be left with less love to offer the next.

Maybe that is why I cling on. I want to spend my life just with him. And no other. But if God has other plans in store and things don't work out, I wouldn't mind. As long as I have the very good friends I have now, I am really grateful for it. I don't need one person to love me when I have a bunch of friends that already do. Okay, my apologies for just now rants. I was bitter. He is still dear to me. I would do anything for him. Seriously. But, I am not going to be as foolish as to quickly jump into relationships anymore. That experience has given me wisdom. It also brought me closer to God. So thanks. And I wish you all the best with your current girl sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

Lots of love,
Adele Emily

3 comments:

Catherine Faith said...

u go gurl!!!
U've said it..:-)))

Anonymous said...

whine all u want..complain all u want....valentines always sounds pathetic when u have no one to share it with but when u do u wil understand,appreciate and cherish this day.just like bdays u celebrate it yearly but ur alive everyday so y do u do it?...same goes to valentines.ur wit de guy or gal everyday,u fight,u kiss and make up..so valentines is de day we remember,review and take dis day to tel dat special someone how dear he or she is to ur heart.We always say its de little things dat count but at least once we wud like to hear the spoken words from the others persons mouth on how much dey love or appreaciate one another.and de deeds they do on the day represents dem.a valentines is juz like any other anniversary.its u who wil make it either a meaningful celebration or not.

Adele Emily said...

haha. when i have something to celebrate on valentine's day, i will make it meaningful. Mostly, share it with my family. ain't complaning about that. Cheers!