Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holy Week

My recent post was deleted because apparently, the issue have been settled. So, I guess, all's fair in love and war. It finally hit me, when I am angry of furious, my command of English improves. Maybe I should start feeling mad more often when doing English assignments. Anyways, I would have kept the post but since she didn't want it to resurface anymore, I erased it from all existance... (comments included)

Anyways, what has happened recently was
  • Maunde (or is it y) Thursday
  • Good Friday
  • Holy Saturday (a.k.a. Easter Vigil)
  • Easter Sunday (the day where I overslept and couldn't make it to church. LOL)
For Maunde Thursday, we went to church and mass was usual. Finally after Thanksgiving, the Blessed Sacrament was moved to the hall for adoration. The Hall will be opened till 12am. For

Good Friday, it is the day where Jesus died for us on the cross. My all time favourite verse is John 3:16-17. For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to be its judge, but to be its saviour.


For Easter Vigil, we had four readings. Three from the old testament and one from the new. The first one was from the book of Genesis. How God first created the world. (How within six days, He managed to 'gao tim' everything when I can't even finish my Bio assignment. Two words for Him, Ho LIAO!) the next reading was about Moses. (My concentration was slipping already as my nerves started to act up.) And I know that the third reading was something to do with the book of Isiah but I didn't even pay attention. One reason. I was supposed to sing the responserial psalm for that reading. There were so many people in church. But all is well. Sure, my voice did waiver. But then, even Uncle John said that my voice was crisp. (Claps hands and feels proud while grinning like an idiot) Andre recorded the thing, so I will want to have a copy of it. I feel very proud of it. Cool lah. The rest of the mass was nearly the same, minus the litany of the saints, baptism and confirmation of RCIA candidates and singing of mass rights. By the way, congratulations to Dylan TITUS Yeoh and Jack Ong. Welcome to the catholic church! For the final hymn, we sang three songs (Jesus Christ is Risen Today, God Lives in Me and Celebrate Jesus Celebrate) AWESOME!

Today, we had lunch at Little Cottage with the family for Easter. After that, we went to Island Plaza for the book fair where we bought RM500 worth of books. Can you believe that? I think all together there were about 40 books bought. Loads of reading to do. Came home all exhausted and took a cat nap for bout one hour before going out for dinner.

For something not related to the Holy Week, yesterday Edelyn and me went ronda-ing till USM on my bike. The furthest I've ever been. I felt so free. Got to catch up with her life and vice versa. We talked alot but no pictures were taken. Sad. Any other eventful news? Ummm... mostly preparation for Holy Week.

OH YEAH! I am starting driving lessons tomorrow. One more step into becoming a young adult and a menance on the road! Haha. (ok, it is a bit pathetic to laugh at your own joke) Can't wait to drive...

Happy Easter!

Lots of love,
Adele Emily

No comments: