Thursday, April 9, 2009

Palm Eve Mass (4 Apr 09)

Well, yeah, that time of year again. Playing for mass, singing responserial psalm, watching the dance and all. ANIMATED BY THE YOUTHS OF CHS! It was all hard work and pretty much exhausting. In the morning, we didn't have time to practice the whole thing once through and I got pretty worried.

The very tired Felicia after a practice.

But when 6pm came, the mass was running smoothly. (Of course, Andre was right beside us fixing things when things go wrong.) It started with Save us. I was playing the piano while Adrian was on guitar and Mark S was on drums. We had to play the intro so many times before the dancers actually came in and we were making faces at each other. After that was the first reading and *dramatic music* the responserial psalm. Honestly, people said that I did good and one of my friend's mom said that I had an angelic voice. (Sigh, happy feelings the whole way). Next was the second reading and then 'Speak O Lord'. The long gospel came and we stood throughout the whole thing. Sure there were some mispronounciation but overall, it was alright. The homily was after that. Felicia played for Still while the rest accompanied her on the other instrument. Next was I Give You My Heart and I messed up the first part of the song by playing the wrong instrument on my keyboard. I had to change it a few times and finally got to Piano when the singers started singing. LOL! And at the last line, the singers forgot to sing, leaving me singing alto alone. But luckily, they came in at "Lord have Your way in me." It sounded like it was planned so we just 'buat tak tahu'. Next was al the mass rights which Felicia mostly played and communion hymn was up. At the Cross never sounded more beautiful. Edelyn started singing it and slowly I came in with the alto part. The third verse, the cantors joined in and it was very nice. Give thanks was next and we played a slightly Jazz version with me playing a sax tune. Finally, after the final blessing, we ended with God is Good and all of us had a blast!

The whole gang! (Mark, why aren't you doing anything?!)


We had group pictures taken after that and it was off to the Seder Meal in the first floor classroom. And that, my fellow readers, is another tale to be told by itself, including bittergourd and salt water. (*shudders* It didn't taste too good)

During the Seder Meal

Lots of love,
Adele Emily

No comments: